The Effect Analysis of Emotional Intelligence and Work Environment on Employee Performance with Organizational Commitment as Intervening Variables in PT Berkat Bima Sentana

Yusuf Ronny Edward, Kuras Purba

Abstract


This study aims to determine the effect of emotional intelligence and work environment on employee performance through organizational commitment at PT. Berkat Bima Sentana. This research was conducted at PT. Berkat Bima Sentana which lasts for 6 (six) months, starting from August 2019 to January 2020. This study uses a quantitative associative method with structural equation modeling (SEM) analysis tools. The sampling technique used is proportional stratified random sampling using the Slovin formula. The respondents of this study were employees at PT. Berkat Bima Sentana as many as 98 people. The instrument used was a questionnaire to collect data on variables of emotional intelligence, work environment, organizational commitment and employee performance variables. Descriptive analysis results for the variables of emotional intelligence, work environment, organizational commitment and employee performance at PT. Berkat Bima Sentana, it is in the good category. Based on SEM analysis, emotional intelligence and work environment have a positive and significant impact on employee performance through organizational commitment at PT. Berkat Bima Sentana. Contributions from the variables of emotional intelligence, work environment and organizational commitment explain variable employee performance by 0.818 or 81.8%. The remaining 0.182 or 18.2% is influenced by other independent variables not examined in this study.


Keywords


emotional intelligence; work environment; organizational commitment; performance

Full Text:

PDF

References


Busro, Muhammad. 2018. Teori-Teori Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta: Prenadamedia Group.

Goleman, D. 2005. Kecerdasan Emosional untuk Mencapai Puncak Prestasi. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.

Hasibuan, Malayu SP. 2005. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia Edisi Revisi. Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara

Kaswan. 2012. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia untuk Keunggulan Bersaing Organisasi. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.

Kreitner, Robert dan Kinicki, Angelo. 2003. Perilaku Organisasi. Edisi Pertama. Jakarta: Penerbit Salemba Empat.

Latan, Hengky dan Imam Ghozali. 2016. Partial Least Squares Konsep, Metode dan Aplikasi Menggunakan Program WarpPls 5.0 (Edisi 3). Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.

Luther, Martin Purba. 2013. Pengaruh Komitmen Organisasional, Penjualan Adaptif, Orientasi Smart-Working dan Kepuasan Hubungan Kerja TerhadapKreativitas Strategi Pemasaran Untuk Meningkatkan Kinerja Bisnis IBO Dalam Multi Level Marketing PT. Oriflame Indonesia di Medan. Tesis. Medan: Universitas Sumater Utara.

Mutimma, Riza Auda. 2016. Pengaruh Kecerdasan Emosi Terhadap Komitmen Organisasi Melalui Kepuasan Kerja Sebagai Variabel Mediasi pada Bank DKI Kantor Cabang Surabaya. Jurnal Bisnis dan Manajemen. Vol.8, No.2, pp. 156-176.

Nitisemito, Alex S. 2009. Manajemen Personalia. Jakarta: Penerbit Ghalia Indonesia.

Robbins, Stephen. P; dan Judge Timothy. A. 2015. Perilaku Organisasi. Edisi Enam Belas. Jakarta: Salemba Empat

Ronny, Yusuf Edward.2020. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia Sebuah Pengantar. Medan: Gerhana Media Kreasi

Ronny, Yusuf Edward & Susanti. 2019. The Effect of Organizational Culture and Work Motivation on Employee Performance with Job Satisfaction as an Intervening Variable at PT. Berkat Bima Sentana. IOSR Journal of Business and Management. Vol 21, No. 3, pp. 31- 38.

Sedarmayanti, 2011. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Reformasi Birokrasi dan Manajemen Pegawai Negeri Sipil. Bandung: Refika Aditama.

Syardiansah. (2020). The Effect of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Culture on Employee Performance of the Royal Hotel in East Aceh District. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal).P. 849-857

Sugiyono. 2014. Metode Penelitian Manajemen. Yogyakarta: Alfabeta.

Wahyuni, N. (2020). The Relationship between Social Supports with NursingEmployee Attachment at Dr. R.M. Djoelham Hospital Binjai. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 816-828.

Wowor, J. Jr., Sontje M. Sumayaku., M.O.Siwi. 2016. Pengaruh Lingkungan Kerja dan Disiplin Terhadap Komitmen Organisasional Pada Karyawan Media Cahaya Pagi. Jurnal Administrasi Publik. Vol. 3, No. 038, pp. 1 - 12.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33258/birci.v3i3.1084

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 80 times
PDF - 27 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.