The Influence of Promotion Strategies through Social Media on Purchasing Decisions of Oriflame Products on Students of STIE Mikroskil Medan

M. Yamin Siregar, Weny Weny, Eko Yuliawan

Abstract


This research aims to know the influence of promotion strategies of Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram on the decision to purchase Oriflame product on students of STIE – Mikroskil Medan. Population sampled in this research is students of STIE – Mikroskil Medan as many as 89 people with random sampling technique. Data analysis method which is used in this research is multiple linear regression analysis. The results of this study is Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram have positive and significant effect on purchasing decision Oriflame product. While the variable of Twitter does not have positive and significant effect decision on purchasing decision Oriflame product. Furthermore, simultaneous test results (F–tests) shows that the four independent variables (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram) have a positive and significant effect on the decision of purchasing Oriflame product. Adjusted r square shows that Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram can explain variation on purchasing decision variable is 44.7% and the rest of 55.3% is explained by other variables which are not observed in this research.


Keywords


social media; facebook; youtube; twitter; instagram; purchasing decision

Full Text:

PDF

References


Andreani, Grace. (2013). Pengaruh Promosi Melalui Media sosial Terhadap Minat Beli Samsung Berbasis Android pada Mahasiswa Universitas Sumatera Utara, Skripsi, Program Studi Manajemen Fakultas Ekonomi, Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan.

Ghozali, I. (2011). Aplikasi Analisis Multivariate Dengan Program SPSS, Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro.

Hutagalung, Melva S. M. (2010). Promosi Penjualan di Facebook dan Minat Beli (Studi Deskriptif Tentang Promosi Penjualan Pakaian Wanita di Facebook dan Minat Beli pada Mahasiswi FISIP USU Medan), Skripsi, Program Studi Ilmu Komunikasi Fakultas Ilmu Sosial dan Ilmu Politik, Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan

J. W, C. L., and J. M. (2010). Pemasaran Jasa: Perspektif Indonesia, 7 ed., Jakarta: Erlangga.

Keller, Kotler. (2012). Management Marketing Global Edition, 14 ed., Pearson Prentice. Hall.

Khairifa, F. (2019). The Relationship of Social Media Usage to the Satisfaction andPractice of Friendship (Silaturahmi) among Students of Universitas Sumatera Utara. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 575-589

Kotler, P. and G. Armstrong. (2007). Manajemen Pemasaran, 12 ed., Jakarta: Erlangga.

Nurgiyantoro, Singgih. (2014). Pengaruh Strategi Promosi Melalui Social Media Terhadap Keputusan Pembelian Garskin yang Dimediasi Word Of Mouth Marketing, Skripsi, Program Studi Manajemen Fakultas Ekonomi, Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta

Puntoadi, D. (2011). Menciptakan Penjualan Melalui Social Media, Jakarta: PT. Elex Komputindo.

Sulianta, F. (2015). Rahasia Berbisnis Ala Sosial Media, Yogyakarta: CV. Andi Offset.

Sunyoto, D. (2014). Praktik Riset Perilaku Konsumen (Teori , Kuesioner, Alat, dan Analisis Data), Yogyakarta: PT. Buku Seru.

Tjiptono, F. (2015). Strategi Pemasaran, 4 ed., Yogyakarta: CV. Andi Offset.

Widiarto, Y. H. (2017). "Pengguna Internet di Indonesia Capai 132 Juta," Kompas, 24 Oktober 2016. [Online]. Available: http://tekno.kompas.com/read/2016/10/24/15064727/2016.pengguna.internet.di.indonesia.capai.132.juta [Accessed 3 November].

Zarrella, D. (2010). The Social Media Marketing Book, Jakarta: PT. Serambi Ilmu Semesta.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33258/birci.v3i3.1116

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 35 times
PDF - 17 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.