Influence of Madrasah Head Leadership, Motivation and Madrasah Culture on Teacher Performance in Madrasah Aliyah Model 2 Medan

Amiruddin Siahaan, Tien Rafida, Khairunnisa Batubara

Abstract


The purpose of this study was to determine: (1) the influence of madrasa head leadership on teacher performance; (2) the effect of motivation on teacher performance (3) the influence of madrasa culture on teacher performance; (4) the influence of madrasa head leadership and motivation on teacher performance in Madrasah Aliyah Negeri 2 Model. The study was conducted at Madrasah Aliyah Negeri 2 Model located on Wiliem Iskandar no. 7A Medan. This research is a quantitative study with a population of 149 people and a sample of 109 people who were determined using the Slovin method. The results showed that (1) there was a positive and significant influence between the leadership of the madrasah head on teacher performance; (2) there is a positive and significant effect between motivation on teacher performance. (3) there is a positive and significant influence between madrasa culture on teacher performance. (4) there is a positive and significant influence between madrasah head leadership and motivation on teacher performance. (5) there is a positive and significant influence between the leadership of the madrasa headmaster and madrasa culture on teacher performance. (6) there is a positive and significant influence between motivation and madrasa culture on teacher performance. (7) there is a positive and significant influence between madrasah head leadership, motivation and madrasa culture together on teacher performance. Madrasah headship leadership, motivation and madrasa culture have an effect on teacher performance by 53.4% and the remaining 46.6% is determined by other factors.


Keywords


principal's leadership, motivation, madrasa culture, teacher performance

Full Text:

PDF

References


Abdillah and A. Sulaiman. (2019). The contribution of work motivation and Communication toward teachers’ Performance at Muhammadiyah 02 Tanjung sari medan. Managere: Indonesian Journal of Educational Management. Vol. 01 No. 01, p. 99-111.

Arif, S. et al. (2019). Influence of Leadership, Organizational Culture, Work Motivation, and Job Satisfaction of Performance Principles of Senior High School in Medan City. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 239-254

Gibson, Ivanevich dan Donelly. (1996).Organization Behaviour Struktur Proses, Penerjemah Djarkaisih. Jakarta: Erlangga,1996,52.

Kusumastuti,Dyah. (2001). Manajemen Sistem Pengembangan Sumber Daya Dosen Sebagai Penjamin Mutu Di Perguruan Tinggi, Studi Tentang Pengaruh Kompetensi Individu Terhadap Kinerja Dosen Yang Berotientasi Pada Mutu Dengan Moderator Iklim Organisasi Dan Dukungan Sumber Daya Di Institut Tekhnologi Bandung (ITB) . Disertasi Doktor Pada PPS Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia: tidak di terbitkan.Mulyasa, 2012. Manajemen Dan Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah Dasar. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.

Nawawi, H. Hadari.(2001). Administrasi Pendidikan.Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada

Robbins, Stephen P. (2006). Organizational Behavior: Concepts, Controversies, Applications. San Diego: Prentice Hall International, Inc.

Siagian, Sondang P.(2002). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta:Bumi Aksara

Siahaan, Amiruddin Dan Bayoangin, Tohar. (2014). Manajemen Pengembangan Profesi Guru. Bandung:Citapustaka Media.University Press.

Supardi. (2013). Kinerja Guru.Jakarta: PT.Raja Grafindo Persada.

Stewart L.Tubbs, Sylvia Moss. (2005). Human Communication. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.

Wahjosumidjo.(2001). Kepemimpinan Kepala sekolah Tinjauan Teoritik Dan Permasalahannya, Jakarta: Rajawali Pers.

Wahyudi. (2009). Kepemimpinan Kepala Sekolah Dalam Organisasi Pembelajar (Learning Organization).Bandung: Alfabeta.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33258/birci.v3i3.1150

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 32 times
PDF - 15 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.