The Impact of Human Resources Development and Organizational Culture on Employee Performance

E. Kosmajadi

Abstract


Research is motivated by the phenomenon of low employee performance, presumably due to suboptimal human resource development and a less conducive organizational culture. The study aims to identify and analyze: a. human resource development, organizational culture, employee performance; b) the magnitude of the influence of human resource development on employee performance; c) the importance of the impact of organizational culture on employee performance; and the extent of the effect of human resource development and organizational culture on employee performance. This research uses a quantitative approach with a survey method. The data collection tool used a questionnaire distributed to 44 employees. The data obtained were analyzed descriptively and through a statistical process. The results showed: a. From the results of descriptive analysis of human resource development, organizational culture and employee performance are in good condition, but there are weaknesses in certain aspects. The results of the verification analysis show; b) human resource development has a significant effect on employee performance with a magnitude of influence of 66.69%; c) organizational culture has a significant impact on employee performance with the importance of the result of 51.84%; and d) the development of human resources and organizational culture together have an effect on employee performance with the magnitude of the influence of 78.30%, the remaining 21.70% is influenced by other factors that are not included in the model. In conclusion, both partially and simultaneously, human resources and organizational culture's development affects employee performance.


Keywords


human resource development; organizational culture; employee performance

Full Text:

PDF

References


Aryana, I.N, Warnada, I.M, dan Yasa, N.N.K (2017) Membangun Keunggulan Bersaing Melalui Kinerja Sistem Informasi dan Customer Intimacy dalam Meningkatkan Kinerja Pemasaran, 6(4), 1343-1364.

Ameeq, A. & Hanif, F. (2013). Impact of training on employee's development and performance in the hotel industry of Lahore, Pakistan. Journal of Business Studies Quarterly, 4(4), 68-82.

Agustini, F. (2011) Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Medan: Madenatera.

Dipang, Ludfia (2013). Pengembangan Sumber Daya Manusia dalam Peningkatan Kinerja Karyawan pada PT Hasirat Abadi menado, 1(3),1080-1088.

Hanggraeni, Dewi. (2012). Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Jakarta:LPFEUI.

Hendra (2020). Pengaruh Budaya Organisasi, Pelatihan, dan Motivasi Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan pada Universitas Cut Nyak Dhien Medan, 3(1), 1-13.

Jones, J.J dan Walters, D.L (2009) Human Resources Management in Education, Yogyakarta: Q-Media.

Krismiyati, K (2017) Pengembangan Sumber Daya Manusia dalam Meningkatkan Kualitas Pendidikan di SD Negeri Inpres Angkasa Biak, 3(1), 43-50.

Kuswati, Y. (2019). Motivation Role in Improving Work Effectiveness. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 281-288.

Luthan, F (2006). Perilaku Organisasi, Yogyakarta: Andi.

Mangkunegara, A.A.P (2001) Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia Perusahaan, Bandung: PT Rosda Karya.

______________________ (2014) Evaluasi Kinerja Sumber Daya Manusia, Bandung: Refika Aditama.

Mas’ud, F. (2004) Survai Diagnosis Organisasional (Konsep dan Apliaksi), Semarang: Universitas Diponegoro.

Moeheriono (2014) Pengukuran Kinerja Berbasis Kompetensi (Revisi), Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada.

Riani, Asri Laksmi. 2011. Budaya Organisasi, Yogyakarta : Graha Ilmu.

Robbin, S.P (2013). Perilaku Organisasi, Konsep, dan Kontroversi, Aplikasi, Jakarta: Prenhalindo.

Rosmadi, M.L.N. (2018). Factors in Developing Creative Industry. Budapest International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 64-69.

Sutrisno (2014) Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group.

Wardani, Rodiathul Kusuma, Mukzam, M. Djudi, dan Mayowan, Yuniadi. (2016). Pengaruh Budaya Organisasi Terhadap Kinerja Karyawan (Studi Pada Karyawan PT Karya Indah Buana Surabaya), 31(1), 58-65.

Werdhiastutie, A., et al. (2020). Achievement Motivation as Antecedents of Quality Improvement of Organizational Human Resources. International Research and Critics Institute-Journal (BIRCI-Journal). P. 747-752.

Widiansyah, A (2018). Peranan Sumber Daya Manusia Pendidikan sebagai Faktor Penentu dalam Manajemen Sistem Pendidikan, 18(2), 299-234.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33258/birci.v4i2.1915

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 12 times
PDF - 9 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.