The Influence of Pakpak Culture Based on Guided Discovery Learning Model in Mathematical Communication Ability and Self Confidience of Students in SD Negeri No. 030277 Teladan, Sidikalang Districts, Dairi Regency

Erentiana Prinita Sinaga, KMS. M. Amin Fauzi, Waminton Rajagukguk

Abstract


In fact, the implementation of the teaching-learning process does not train and develop students' communication skills to cause interaction between students, such as working together, expressing ideas, asking questions, and responding to questions / opinions of other students. The teachers have applied the discussion learning model, but this is done with a direct learning model. During the discussion, the teacher only gives a number of assignments to students which contain almost all of the material without giving instructions, so that the students' thinking patterns do not develop and are not stimulated to think critically. This research was conducted at SD Negeri No.030277 Teladan Sidikalang, Sidikalang District, Dairi Regency. The population in this study was all fifth grade students of SD Negeri No.030277 Teladan Sidikalang which consisted of 3 classes totaling 91 students. Class VA as many as 31 students, class VB as many as 30 students, and class V-C as many as 30 students. There is a significant influence between learning (guided discovery learning and direct learning) on students' mathematical communication skills. The effect of the independent variable on changes in the dependent variable is 31.2%, while the remaining 68.8% is influenced by other variables. There is a significant influence between learning (guided discovery learning and direct learning) on students' self confidence. The effect of independent variables on variable changes is 9.6%, while the remaining 90.4% is influenced by other variables.


Keywords


Pakpak culture; guided discovery learning model; mathematical communication ability; self confidience

Full Text:

PDF

References


Ansari, B.I. 2009. Komunikasi Matematika Konsep dan Aplikasi. Banda Aceh : Pena

Anurrahman. 2012. Belajar dan Pembelajaran. Bandung: Kencana

Armiati. 2009, Komunikasi Matematis dan Kecerdasan Emosional. Seminar Nasional Matematika dan Pendidikan Matematika Jurusan Pendidikan Matematika FMIPA UNY 5 Desember 2009 hal 270-280

Eggen, P and Kauchak, D. 2012. “Strategi dan Model Pembelajaran”. Jakarta: PT Indeks.

Fahmi, A., Syahputra, E. dan Rajagukguk, W.R. 2016. Peningkatan Kemampuan Penalaran dan Komunikasi Matematik Siswa Melalui Model Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah Berbantuan Geogebra di Kelas VII SMP Negeri Samudra. Paradikma Vol 9 No 1 Hal 88-100

Fauzan, A. 2008. Problematika Pembelajaran Matematika dan Alternatif Penyelesaiannya. FPMIPA, UNP.

Irhamna, Amry, Z., and Syahputra, H. (2020). Contribution of Mathematical Anxiety, Learning Motivation and Self-Confidence to Student’s Mathematical Problem Solving. Budapest International Research and Critics in Linguistics and Education (BirLE) Journal Vol 3 (4): 1759-1772.

Nasution, Y.S., Syahputra, E., Mulyono. (2020). The Development of Learning Instrument Using Problem Based Learning Model to Improve Critical Thinking of Junior High School Students. Budapest International Research and Critics in Linguistics and Education (BirLE) Journal Vol 3 (3): 1501-1508.

Ramdhani, M. R et al. 2017. “Discovery Learning with Scientific Approach on Geometry”. Journal of Physics: Conference Series; 895 012033; 1-7

Rini, K.S., Sugiarto, dan Safa'atullah, M.F. 2017, Mathematical Communication Ability Vewed from Problem Solving Ability in Learning SAV model with Flash Media, Unnes Journal af Mathematical Education, Vol & No.3 hal, 360-365

Rohaeti, E.E. 2011. Transformasi Budaya Melalui Pembelajaran Matematika Bermakna di Sekolah. Jurnal Pembelajaran MIPA, Vol.16 No.1, Hal. 139- 147

Sanjaya, A. 2011. Strategi Pembelajaran Berorientasi Standar Proses Pendidikan. Jakarta: Kencana

Sinaga, M.I., Sinaga, B., and Napitupulu, E. (2021). Analysis of Students' Mathematical Communication Ability in the Application of Vygotsky's Theory at High School Level. Budapest International Research and Critics in Linguistics and Education (BirLE) Journal Vol 4 (1): 132-144.

Syahputra, E. 2016. Statistika Terapan. Medan: UNIMED Press.

Veloo, A., Md-Ali, R.: Chairany, S., 2016. Using Cooperative Teams- GameTournament in 11 Religious School to Improve Mathematics Understanding and Communication, Malaysian Journal of Learning and Instruction, Vol. 13 No. 2 hal. 97-123.




DOI: https://doi.org/10.33258/birle.v4i2.1917

DOI (PDF): https://doi.org/10.33258/birle.v4i2.1917.g2340

Article Metrics

Abstract view : 17 times
PDF - 7 times

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License